|About CFI - About CFI
Volunteer to Become A Board Member
Current Board of Trustees:
Ben Phillips, President, Radian BioEnergy Company
Salt Lake City, UT
Vice President and Director/CEO, Canyonlands Field Institute
Ed Kornbrath, Graphic Designer
Dr. Steve Burr, Professor, Recreation & Tourism Utah State University
Cindy Hirschfeld, Business Owner
Dave Bierscheid, Realtor
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Governance Board Member
TIME COMMITMENT: Meetings every two months by conference call,
Thursday afternoon (schedule of meetings available); special meetings may be called; additional committee work approximately 4-8 hours/month.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES/ GOVERNANCE BOARD
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The CFI governance board serves on a volunteer basis and provides oversight and leadership in the following categories:
- Strategic and program planning
- Financial management
- Governance board members commit to active volunteer participation, and to leadership of finite, well-defined projects.
- To round out membership on the current governance board, we now seek one new member, with year-round or part-year Moab residence:
- Fundraising leader, to head a Fundraising Committee composed of 2 Governance Board members, plus additional recruits who are chosen for their fundraising experience, public relations skills and community connections. Please note that staff support for this work is with seasonal public relation interns; there is limited research and clerical support. The fundraising chair will work closely with CFI President/Director in formulating strategies and projects to meet operating and capital budget goals.
- Term is 3 years; trustees are asked to contribute financially at a signficant level for their individual circumstances; trustees are required to observe/ participate in a CFI school program prior to final acceptance on the board, review financial statements and our recently updated Strategic Plan. Candidates will interview with CFI President/Director and one other additional trustee (may be by telephone.)
- Please send letter of interest and qualifications to CFI/Board of Trustees, P.O. Box 68, Moab, UT 84532 by February 1; no telephone calls please.