Office & Sales Manager
- Type: Permanent, year-round
- Pay: $13-15 per hour
- Benefits: Paid leave, health insurance (partial/copay) after successful completion of 120 day conditional period
- Schedule: Approximately 35-40 week (varies seasonally) In Season: For March through October, mostly weekdays 8:30-4:30 pm with hour lunch break. See below on Mondays. There will be some weekend and on call shifts rotated with other office staff. Some additional hours needed in peak months of April and May. Additional hours will be flexible schedule. Winter months: November-through February, Monday-Thursday 8:30-4:30 and Friday 8:30-12:30. Non paid lunch break. There is staff meeting 8:15 Mondays.
- Responsibilities: The Office & Sales Manager serves as main reception/front desk, sales person and reservationist for CFI. He/she will sell and schedule educational programs for schools and the public and to meet and grow revenue and service targets. Will work with Operations Manager to assure quality services. She/he is a “ voice” and front office contact for CFI and thus should present an informed, warm manner and be sales oriented. Knowledge of our region is a must and will get to know CFI’s school and adult/family trip locations and formats
- Note: Now Hiring
OFFICE & SALES MANAGER WILL:
Promote CFI tours with motel and other outlets; manage commission program.
Contact returning group and individual clients, respond to email and other inquiries daily, track and follow up on leads in timely and organized manner.
- Perform data base entry for client schools, participants, members.
- Pre-screening registration/risk forms including medical and food information and contacting clients in advance if needed, noting to field staff certain conditions.
- Prepare group contracts, individual and group invoices, track and collect receiveables, prepare bank deposits in Quick books.
- For upcoming year, will assist Director in selection and installation of online Registration Software
Process donations and issue thank you letters. Keep up statistic reporting and prepare end of season reports to government agencies (Excel and Quickbooks)
Assist with various Marketing projects and work with Communications Coordinator to keep website content updated and consistent with fulfillment print materials.
- Manage brochure rack card vendor relationship and stocking of other outlets. Prepare simple program flyers for local distribution and assist hired graphic services on print projects. Assist with other marketing projects such as mailings, flyer distribution in town, and paid advertisements.
- Manage small retail/souvenir sales/traveling "stores."
- Maintain office machines, and arrange for light routine maintenance with services. Will train new staff and interns on office, inquiries, reservations and trip administrative procedures.
- Manage program/petty cash.
- Keep up front office/lobby and flower pots during season.
- Take a turn serving as manager on call about one week/month during field season. Will involve some Saturday hours with days off adjusted to Sunday-Monday that week. Additional pay of 1 hour per day for on call duty.
- May be occasional “other duties” including driving a shuttle or helping move boats in warehouse. Will supervise a occasionally on per project/limited hour basis either intern, office assistant/volunteer or VISTA.
- Desires to work in small business, non profit setting and supportive of CFI’s mission. Previous experience with Outdoor/experiential education or outfitting helpful.
- Resident of Grand or San Juan County
- Must reside/have housing within 45 minutes of Moab, prefer someone who has lived here for some time and is familiar with region and “Moab in all seasons”. Has vehicle registered in Utah (not regularly required for work but may be needed for errands, some reimbursement. )
- High school diploma; prefer some college or degree in related subject.
- Should be reliable, prompt, able to work on a regular schedule in office setting, primarily on computer, and have flexibility to work occasional extra hours during busy times, which could involve working a weekend and with advance notice.
- Strong public relations, customer service skills, with outgoing personality. Most customer contact is by email and on the telephone with teachers and with adults seeking educational trips. There is some walk in traffic in the summer. He/she should be “good” on the phone in terms having a warm, welcoming manner, using proper grammar and have good listening and sales skills.
- Willing and physically able to visit school and adult programs, at least five days a year. To involve at least one multinight. For these trips, all expenses are covered, and pay is $25 field training day.
- May work alone in office at times especially in winter months; during field season CFI employs 12-20 additional field and support staff.
- Professional and healthy physical presence for representing an outdoor education business. Non smoker.
- Strong computer and clerical skills. This job requires regular daily work in Quick Books (accounts receivable), Microsoft Access, Word and Excel. Require excellent keyboard typing skills with accuracy at 40 words per minute; provide typing test certificate or equivalent with 90% accuracy (find online typing test ie. www.typingtest.com or other)
- Must be comfortable with internet use and research. Accuracy with paper hard copy file management and attention to detail essential.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, meet deadlines and work with established protocols, lists and filing systems.
- Good driving record (no DUI within 3 years or no more than three moving violations), at least 21 years of age or older/ ability to be insured by CFI insurance; must provide Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) current within 12 months, good driving record, as part of application packet.
- Pass Utah fingerprint clearance to work in association with children at CFI expense; must complete within 14 days of hire.
Will require 4-5 hours/day at desk doing computer work; additional time filing, facility oversight. Some lifting required up to 30 lbs.
Supervised by Director
$13-15/hour – Pay checks processed 1st and 15th of month or first business day thereafter, checks mailed or direct deposit available to regular employees. (It takes 3-4 weeks to get your first check in our system, then every two weeks thereafter.) Salary basis may be considered second year.
If new employee to CFI: 12-18 hours of training at regular wage on office, warehouse, vehicles, at regular pay.
If not familiar with Quickbooks, additional remedial training 4 hours provided with CFI providing trainer at our expense but you are on your own time; you may also use tutorials on your own time.
During field season, will be asked to participate in up to 5 days (one day trips and at least one multiday adult trip. These are paid as “field training days at $25 day but all trip expenses paid. )
BREAKS/HOLIDAYS: CFI office closes four times a year. Thanksgiving break Wed-Monday, Winter/Christmas five days plus New Years Day. February break President’s Wednesday- Monday; July break to include July 24, Wednesday-Monday. These are non paid closures for hourly employees but earned vacation leave may be used. Other federal holidays CFI is open for business in the mornings, close afternoon non paid: Mem Day, July 4 and Labor Day. Additional leave without pay can be requested up to 5 days in first year of employment with approval required.
NOTE THAT BUSIEST MONTHS are April 1 through May 31 and Sept 1 through October 15; employees may not be gone for more than 5 days in a row on leave of any type during these months due to workload (this restriction does not apply to staff scheduled to be out in field for a CFI trip followed by several days off. )
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS considered after successful completion of conditional period, 90 days, and signed agreement for 12 months employement to follow. Benefits include earned paid leave, health insurance (partial/copay.) Salary basis for employment may be considered in second year.
To apply, please submit to (Please no drop-ins or phone calls as we are busy with clients!)
- cover letter
- 3 References: name, email, phone. At least should be 2 employment-related
- copy of driver’s license
- motor vehicle report (current within 1 year)
- declare any felony conviction
- Not required but helpful: copies of First Aid/CPR cards (current)
- typing test results (use any online typing test service)
Candidates will be contacted for interviews. All applicants notified of final hiring decision.
CFI is an equal opportunity employer..