Get to know our red rock canyon country in Utah. CFI offers a variety of outdoor adventures and programs:
- Science camps for school groups
- Youth summer camps
- Adventure trips for adults and families
- Archaeology seminars
- Desert biology seminars
- Day tours at rock art sites and Arches National Park
Showing you the wonders of our back yard and sharing our knowledge about this place we call home is our mission. Our naturalist guides will not only make your trip fun and the adventure of a lifetime, they will also help you discover a deeper, lasting connection to the world around you. You’ll leave satisfied and refreshed.
Our programs focus on:
- Interdisciplinary studies in natural science, the literary arts, and the physical cultural geography of the region
- Immersion in natural settings and provision of outdoor public service opportunities at field camps, on land and river trips, and in residential retreats
- Dialogue about issues affecting the public, private and tribal lands of the Colorado Plateau bioregion
- The introduction of a land ethic that includes respect, reverence, responsibility and reciprocity to the natural world.
- Developing environmentally sound consumption practices within our business that provide financial stability while improving quality of life for staff and community.
Founded in 1984, Canyonlands Field Institute is an outdoor education center located in the heart of the Colorado Plateau. We encourage people of all ages to experience wild nature directly with few of the trappings of modern life, through hiking, camping, tours and river running. Thousands of adults, families and students have participated in our outdoor programs while studying natural and cultural history, wildlands values, ethics and issues, writing, and guiding.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will answer your questions and create the perfect itinerary for you or your group. Call us at 800-860-5262 or email us at . We’d love to talk to you.