The primary purpose of our Professor Valley Field Camp at Taylor Ranch is to host student and youth groups for outdoor education learning experiences. When not in use for student groups, the field camp is available for other groups to rent as a retreat facility. During our busy season, this would be limited primarily to weekends. During our less busy season, it could include weekdays as well.
- Fees: $200 person for the first two nights or $280 for the first three nights with additional nights at $60 person.
- Maximum occupancy: 40 persons. Our fee structure is based on a minimum of 15 persons. (Smaller groups should inquire about fees).
- Deposit: usually the equivalent of the fees for 5 persons and is non-refundable. The balance is due 14 days prior to the rental period.
Occupancy begins between 4 pm and 5 pm on the first day of the rental period. All guests should arrive no later than 5:30 pm for orientation and an orientation tour, etc. Groups should depart after lunch on the last day (approx. 2 pm). We can make a “box/sack” lunch to take with you if you prefer on the last day.
Groups need to submit a list of people, food and medical concerns prior to rental period.
Retreat rental includes:
- 3 meals, 2 snacks, we can work with your requests on food within “reason” i.e. not lobster or other way high-end meals.
- tipis and sleeping cots (sleep bags are available for rent for an additional fee).
- 1.5 hour orientation and a “naturalist” program on site or near the site.
- Two CFI staff: a head cook and a maintenance person.
Guests are asked to take turns in kitchen as cook’s helper and to do their own dishes in a dish line. Our staff does the pots, pans and kitchen clean up.
We also offer other services such as pre- or post-trip all day guided hikes, van tours or river trips for an additional fee. See our custom trips.