Annual River Rafting Trip for Women
Women: Wild By Nature! Rafting & Inflatable Kayaking - Moves to a different river stretch each year!
- Where: 2015's River Destination: Upper San Juan River from Sand Island, just south of Bluff, UT to Mexican Hat, UT.
- When: September 17, 2015 through September 21, 2015
- Number of Days/Nights: 4 Days and 4 Nights - includes 1st night at hotel & orientation
- Group Size: Minimum 6, Maximum 12
- Age Group: Women only 16+
- Deadline for Signup: 14 days prior
- Cost per Person: $895 plus $10 BLM special area fees
- Deposit: $300 Non-refundable deposit applies to total due
- Women Only – Bring your friends, mothers, daughters, etc !
- Trip begins and ends in Bluff, Utah
- Click here to read our cancellation policy.
- To register at email@example.com or call 800.860.5262 or 435.259.7750.
A rafting trip for women wild by nature: whitewater, wisdom and wonder!
Join CFI’s Director Karla VanderZanden on this special women-only annual event. This special trip takes place on a different river stretch each year! CFI women’s trips provide a time and place for deepening connections to the wild and trying out new skills. You will have the opportunity to be physical, relax, and play outdoors!
After a one-night orientation and hotel stay, enjoy three nights camping and river running on the Upper San Juan River, famous for it’s geological wonders, interesting side canyon hikes, extensive prehistoric Indian rock art and dwellings. We’ll find mild rapids and wonderful scenic floats where we have a chance to try out the inflatable kayaks for those who choose.
Women of all ages and backgrounds enjoy this trip; youth 16 and older are welcome too… it can be a memorable time with mom, grandmother or that special “aunt” or mentor. Our group will be congenial and small, limited to 12, plus guides. We often have a nice mix of loyal returnees and first timers.
We share readings from Ellen Meloy, Ann Zwinger, Terry Tempest Williams, and others who write creatively and passionately about the canyon country. Join us in optional morning stretching and greeting the day. We will consider “reciprocity” — ways of giving back to Mother Earth and restoring beauty and balance in our everyday lives. We provide all boating gear including row rafts that are 14-18ft. long and a few, very stable, inflatable kayaks, affectionately known as duckies.
Cofounder and Director, Karla VanderZanden who has 40 years experience as outdoor leader, river guide and naturalist. Prior to starting CFI in 1984, she worked at Westwater as a River Ranger and in Colorado and Oregon as an outdoor educator.