Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge Archaeology
Lodge-based, vehicle tours and short hikes
- Where: Southeastern Utah – Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge Area
- When: April 26, 2013 through April 28, 2013
- Number of Days/Nights: 2 Days - 2 Nights
- Time: Evening Day 1 through Afternoon Last Day
- Age Group: Adults and Youth 16 and over (Youth fee same as Adult)
- Group Size: Minmum 4, maximum 9
- Cost per Person: $540 - Adult/Teens 16 and over
- Cost per Person: $150 - Non-refundable Deposit applies to total due
- Cost per Person: $4 - BLM Special Area Fee
- Notes: Van tour with short hikes.
This program starts and ends in Bluff, UT.
- Deadline for Signup: April 21 by noon
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to explore some lesser known locations around Cedar Mesa. From our cozy base at Recapture Lodge in Bluff, you will enjoy van tours and short hikes exploring rock formations, rock art and historical sites.
You will learn about the geology, plant life, and fascinating history of the Cedar Mesa area during the two days and two nights of guided tours that start & end in Bluff, Utah.
Your guides are Rebecca Martin and Tamara Desrosiers. A part of your fee helps to underwrite our educational school programs.
Your trip meets on the first evening at Recapture Lodge in Bluff, Utah for trip orientation and lodging. The exploration tours are mostly by van with stops for short hikes along the way. In addition to the wonderful archaeological resources on the Mesa, we will visit some interesting geologic formations as well.
Our tour group is kept small (minimum 4 and maximum 9 participants).
Trip fee includes two nights lodging (double occupancy) and meals beginning with breakfast Saturday morning through lunch Sunday afternoon, permit fees and transportation. If you wish to reserve a single room, please do so in advance with a $120 single supplement.