Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge Archaeology
Lodge-based, vehicle tours and short hikes
- Where: Southeastern Utah – Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge Area
- When: October 10, 2014 through October 12, 2014
- Number of Days/Nights: 2 Nights 2 Days
- Time: Evening Day 1 through Afternoon Last Day
- Group Size: Minmum 4, maximum 8
- Age Group: Adults and Youth 16+
- Cost per Person: $530 Adult/youth 16+ plus $10 BLM Special Area Fees
- Deposit: $150 non-refundable, applies to total due
- Trip meets and ends in Bluff, UT
- Call to arrange a custom private trip for different dates for 2013.
- Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Unique opportunity to learn about Cedar Mesa and Comb Ridge “Deep History”
You will learn fascinating history spanning thousands of area featuring Comb Ridge and Cedar Mesa. Explore side canyons and learn about geology, desert ecology and more during the two days and two nights of guided tours that start & end in Bluff, Utah.
A guest archeologist from the Comb Ridge Heritage project and expert CFI Naturalist Guide lead the trip.
Your trip bases at Recapture Lodge in Bluff, Utah, with two nights stay and all meals included. Begins with evening seminar, followed by two days of field outings, mostly by van with stops for hikes (2-3 miles round trip. Locations will include familiar and lesser known historical and archaeological sites in Butler and Comb Washes, Cedar Mesa side canyons, a spectacular drive along the Comb itself, and walking a portion of Posey’s Trail. In true CFI naturalist style, guides overview geography, observe plants and discuss native uses, and note anything else of interest!
Our tour group is kept small (minimum 4 and maximum 8 participants).
Trip fee includes one night lodging (double occupancy) and meals beginning with breakfast day 1 through lunch last day, plus permit fees and transportation. If you wish to reserve a single room, please do so in advance with a $60 single supplement. A part of your fee helps to underwrite our educational school programs.